Tumble Dryer Fire in Ramsey

Tumble Dryer Fire in Ramsey
The Fire Service is warning residents about the dangers of leaving tumble dryers unattended following a fire in Ramsey.Two appliances from Ramsey station were called to a house fire in Ellan Park last night (Tuesday) at about 10.30pm. Fire crews were informed en-route that the fire was located in the garage and that the tumble dryer was well...

The Fire Service is warning residents about the dangers of leaving tumble dryers unattended following a fire in Ramsey.

Two appliances from Ramsey station were called to a house fire in Ellan Park last night (Tuesday) at about 10.30pm. Fire crews were informed en-route that the fire was located in the garage and that the tumble dryer was well alight.

They used a combination of a dry powder extinguisher and a hose reel to extinguish the fire.

Station officer Mark Caley said: ’In this instance the tumble dryer was in the garage separate from the house, so there was no damage to the home.

’The Fire Service would like to remind all owners of tumble dryers the importance of keeping the filters clean and to not be tempted to leave them unattended.’

Source: www.google.com