Members of the Young Professionals Class of 2018 gather for a group photo at the International Builders’ Show in Orlando.
Every year, the NAHB International Builders’ Show® (IBS) is an integral part of career development for tens of thousands of building industry pros. Designers, builders, remodelers, architects and more all come to the show to see new products, learn from experts and network with others in the industry — all of which stimulate growth within companies and careers.
Attending the Show can be difficult for up-and-coming professionals, which is why the IBS Scholarship Program, now in its third year, was created. The program gives young career-minded industry pros the resources and tools they can use to build their careers.
The IBS Scholarship Program will begin accepting applications May 14. This opportunity is exclusively for NAHB members between the ages of 21-35 interested in attending IBS 2019 in Las Vegas next February.
Fast facts from IBS 2018:
- 22 IBS scholarship recipients
- 60,000 attendees from 100 countries
- 1,500 top manufacturers and suppliers in one location
- 583,000 net square feet of exhibit space
- 140 education sessions in eight tracks covering the entire building industry
- Fun, informative destinations at the Show: Outdoor Exhibits, IBS Live, IBS Centrals, High Performance Building Zone and more
Showcasing new ideas and innovations is what the Show is all about, and scholarship recipients can explore all of this and more.
Selected recipients receive:
- One IBS 2019 full registration (includes expo floor and education session access)
- Roundtrip economy airfare to Las Vegas for one (up to $600)
- Four-night hotel stay at NAHB-designated hotel (Feb. 18-21)
- Scholarship recipient Meet & Greet (Monday, Feb. 18)
- One ticket to the Official IBS House Party (Tuesday, Feb. 19)
- One ticket to the Young Pro Party (Wednesday, Feb. 20)
- Applicants or their company’s principal must be an NAHB member in good standing
- Applicants must be between the ages of 21-35
Here’s what a few of last year’s IBS Scholarship recipients had to say about their experience:
“All the things related to the scholarship were excellent. That was one of the highlights of the show.” – Brandyn Deckinga, Habitat for Humanity of Kent County, Grand Rapids, Mich.
“The show was very educational, and the amount of new and different things that are out there in the industry is eye-opening.” – Dan Darnold, Oak Tree Homes, Inc., Wilton, Iowa
“I liked going to the education sessions, and often felt like they were speaking directly to me. I was sitting in the audience, and I was like, ‘Yes, this is what I want to hear!’” – Dana Spanjer, Spanjer Homes, Fort Collins, Colo.
As a young professional in the industry, you can’t afford to miss this chance to learn, grow and connect with others. The scholarship application site opens May 14, but you can get a head start — get all the details now!