Do your sales professionals receive the recognition they deserve for their product knowledge and the ability to use it to exceed customer expectations? How many team members can answer the following questions?
- Which multipoint configuration is best matched to typical American locking hardware?
- Your client would like to mount a vessel sink on top of the vanity. What height vanity should you recommend?
- What are some of the issues a showroom sales professional should consider when assisting a client with kitchen sink choices?
If your team can easily answer and provide guidance that your customers can't obtain from the low-cost discounter down the street or an etailer's web site, you have a distinct competitive advantage that should be leveraged and promoted. That's why DPHA created its new Recognition Program. The program's goals are to:
- Provide an easily accessible and cost-effective program that showrooms can use to recognize the expertise of their staffs.
- Demonstrate to showroom staff that they are involved in a professional industry that celebrates knowledge and sales skills.
- Encourage ongoing professional development to help improve the quality of service that DPHA member showrooms provide to their clients and customers.
The Recognition Program is currently only available to DPHA members, and is housed on the Members-Only section of the DPHA web site (www.dpha.net). The Recognition Program includes a series of exams based on a showroom professional's understanding of different products and ability to explain the technical, functional and aesthetic differences of products sold in showrooms and those that can be found elsewhere. The test questions have been developed from content found in the DPHA Education Program manuals. Currently, the following 15 different tests are included in the Recognition Program:
- Bathroom furniture
- Kitchen faucets
- Toilets and bidets
- Supplies & Wastes
- Steam Systems
- Multipoint locks
- Cabinet hardware
- Door hinges
- Adorning the Door
- Locks and Latch Sets
There will also be 6 more tests added to the program in the next few months. The cost to participate in the DPHA Recognition Program is $50 per person per year. To sign up, visit the members-only side of the web site at www.dpha.net. In order to pass a test, showroom professionals need to answer all of the questions correctly.
DPHA will also create a profile for each participant initially on the members-only side of the web site, and then later on the public side of the web site, that identifies the product and content areas that each showroom professional has successfully completed. Those who successfully pass the Recognition Program tests will be emailed a certificate that they can print and display at their work areas in their showrooms.
The Recognition Program is dynamic. It will continue to evolve with the long-term goal of DPHA eventually offering a showroom certification program for the industry. Don't be bashful. More than 70 showroom professionals have signed up to be part of this program. Why are you still waiting?